Silverware’s Sage Intacct Practice Manager, Nancy McCarthy, highlights her favorite new features in each quarterly release. The list of new features and functionality can be large and may get overlooked in the course of running your business. Nancy’s perspective as an accountant, Sage Intacct user and Sage Intacct consultant helps you zero in on the best-of-the-best new features and learn ways to use them to increase the value of your company’s Sage Intacct investment. Here are Nancy’s highlights for the Sage Intacct 2019 Release 3.
Each quarter, Sage releases an update to Sage Intacct, including new capabilities. Some of the new features may be subtle improvements, others can be transformative to your operation. The challenge for most businesses is to stay on top of what’s new, understanding enough about each new feature to know if and how it can improve operations. That’s where Silverware comes to the rescue. We take the time to review, test and understand the new features and share what we’ve learned with our customers.
The Sage Intacct 2019 Release 3 has a long list of new capabilities, but here are my favorites—ones I think will have broad appeal to Sage Intacct users.
- Flexible Purchasing Workflows: You can now change the vendor if the payment status is not Paid. This setting is on the Transaction Definition. You can customize any transaction definition in your workflow, allowing the user to change the vendor to another when necessary. And—bonus! You can now also Email directly from the purchasing transaction list pages where previously you could just Print.
- Live (and free!) Bank Feeds: Sage Intacct is introducing free* bank connections to over 10,000 financial institutions, including many international brands. No more manual imports for bank reconciliations—you can truly do daily reconciling.
*the first 200 bank accounts in your environment are free.
- New GL report: Balance by Dimension is now a standard report in the GL, just like the Trial Balance and GL Detail. You can use any combination of dimensions and accounts to see the balances on one report. The report will give you visibility into accountbalances by dimension in aggregate, instead of filtering one dimension at a time.
- Limit Contacts in Dropdown Lists: During Order Entry and Purchasing, you can now automatically restrict the contact dropdowns to those set up in the Vendor or Customer record. This is a time-saver for Customers with multiple Ship To options or Vendors with many Remit To contacts created.
- More Functionality for Dynamic Allocations: If you subscribe to Dynamic Allocations, now you can allocate asset and liability account activity, not just income and expense.
With its regular quarterly releases, Sage Intacct helps your organization add value over time, boosting your organization’s ERP ROI. You can review the full list of new features and functionality of Sage Intacct 2019 Release 3 here, or you always can contact the Silverware team with your questions.